This month I am participating in National Novel Writing Month – which is held every November. It’s concept is simple. Write a 50,000 word novel in just a month. Can it be done? Of course, if you write around 1667 words a day. I have been averaging about 1700 a day so far. Sounds easy? Well, not really. I have learned you have to turn off your “inner editor” and just write. It is really hard for me not to hit the backspace or delete button when something doesn’t come out the way I wanted it too. But after a week of uninhibited writing, I am feeling a little liberated. It’s like running around your house naked not caring if the neighbors see you (which did happen one day when I got out of the shower and ran downstairs only to find a Jehovah witness at my front door looking in – true story). My sentences may not be perfect, there are glaring typos and errors and the story doesn’t flow in some areas – I skipped chapters all together. But looking over some of my work, I am finding “golden nuggets” in some chapters. Great sentences and plot points that will probably make it in the final cuts. I am also finding by writing without editing – my muse tends to show up more. And that’s a good thing!
- @KyleRichards For a good mystery try Asylum Harbor :) 6 months ago
- @BNCartwright ramekin courtesy of Sur 😂 10 months ago
- @DavidMLatt the producer of Sharknado! and ZNation is following me now. Makes me wonder if its better to be eaten by a shark or a zombie??? 11 months ago
- I love this site! 310nutrition.com has helped me with all my fitness goals this year! 11 months ago
- @Bouchercon New Orleans Who's ready for a giveaway??? We got a great selection of books and author swag today!... fb.me/85zs9crKJ 1 year ago
Networked Blog Followers