In the new novel, BURN OUT, Lt. Samantha Collins makes Firehouse Chili for all the guys on her crew. Make a batch of her yummy chili and curl up with BURN OUT for an awesome read! Available April 5th on Kindle, Nook, and other eReaders.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (may substitute ground turkey)
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 5 1/2 ounces tomato juice
2. Add all the spices along with the Ro-tel tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans and tomato juice. Mix well and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer 1/2 hour uncovered and 1-1/2 hours covered. (If too thick you can add additional tomato juice or water).
Read an excerpt below from BURN OUT. Here are some links to other recipes and stories from author friends!
.http://www.sibelhodge.com/my-blog.php “Discover the recipe for a Chocolate Orgasm!”
http://fouryearsfromhome.blogspot.com/ “Recipe for Disaster – Tom Ryan cookies”
http://notasadvertised.blogspot.com/2011/03/romantic-recipe-for-spring-evening.html – Romantic recipe for Asparagus, Watercress and Pan roasted tomato risotto
Kate’s Soup http://ow.ly/4n1Zq An excerpt and a recipe!
MAGIC MUSHROOMS – KILLER OMELETTE « mirabooks http://bit.ly/gH2Vew
EASTERN PROMISE – BAKLAVA « mirabooks http://bit.ly/e782iQ
See what Penelope cooks for her captor http://ow.ly/4mGXS @betcar1
Discover the recipe for a Chocolate Orgasm in the novel Fourteen Days Later! http://j.mp/eInu3u #food #kindle
#samplesundaycookoff Come join in the fun showcasing authors and #recipes that you’ll love http://bit.ly/fq7qZZ
http://bit.ly/hQTQq7 #samplesundaycookoff #recipes Death by Choclate and the first Chapter of my #thriller.
http://bit.ly/elLVfj by @FaithMortimer
Asparagus, Watercress and Pan Roasted Cherry Tomato Risotto http://tinyurl.com/639wj3k
find out what J’s new addiction is: lobster dip by @theapatra http://wp.me/p19omh-82
Recipe for disaster Tom Ryan makes cookies! @larryenright http://bit.ly/hW0Wmw
Why does Grace decide to cook Paralytic Pavlova, on her daughters first birthday #recipe http://ow.ly/4mVYW
Because you need something sweet when reading a thriller. http://on.fb.me/h6xxjZ
Sweep Him Off His Feet Berries and Brownie Sundae – from The Gift of Joy – #kindle #BookLook #recipe http://ow.ly/4n3Y5 RT